Our mission and history
GRI envisions a sustainable future enabled by transparency and open dialogue about impacts. This is a future in which reporting on impacts is common practice by all organizations around the world. As provider of world’s most widely used sustainability disclosure standards, we are a catalyst for that change.
Our why, how and what
- GRI exists to help organizations be transparent and take responsibility for their impacts so that we can create a sustainable future.
- GRI creates the global common language for organizations to report their impacts. This enables informed dialogue and decision making around those impacts.
- We are the global standard setter for impact reporting
- We follow an independent, multi-stakeholder process
- We maintain the world’s most comprehensive sustainability reporting standards
- Our Standards are available as a free public good